Tuesday 10 December 2019

Summer learning journey practise

Learning Journey🎉💻


As part of our practise learning journey we choose a activity to do around a person. My fabulous person was Roald Dahl, if you don't know who Roald Dahl is then I'll explain. Roald Dahl is a fantastic author who makes a lot of funny 

children's books. He also makes up lots of words like . . . . 
Oompa Loompa,   Scrumdiddlyumptious,       Witching hour
Frightsome,  Gremlin 

Did you know that Roald Dahl wrote most of his books in a little shed at the bottom of his garden or that he was a flightier pilot in world war ll.
So for my activity I got to make up five words, her is a picture of some words that I made up. Comment some words you made up or would like to make up. What's your favourite Roald Dahl book?  Enjoy the rest of the day, Blog ya later!!

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Chimay, I hope you are having a good day!

    My name is Eliza and I’m working as a blog commenter on the Summer Learning Journey this summer. Have you done the Summer Learning Journey before? I’m looking forward to reading your posts and the other bloggers' posts from the Ako Hiko cluster, over the next few weeks! If you want to know more about me, you can check out my blog.

    I think your poster is fantastic! The writing is really clear and I love the purple background - it's always good to add some colour as it makes it more eye-catching for the blog viewers.

    The words you’ve made up are unique and creative. It’s brilliant how you have explained each of the words, this shows you’ve thought in depth and given a lot of effort into this activity. Ka pai! Have you tried saying any of the words out loud?

    Maybe next time you make a poster, have a think about what colour writing works with what colour background - sometimes black writing on a dark background can be hard to read.
    I really enjoyed looking at your blog today and I hope that you will keep blogging with us over the summer. Keep working on the teaser week activities and on the 16th of December you can start the Week 1 activities.

    Have a good rest of your day,
    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Eliza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chimay, this is amazing work. I loved your words. I could see the keywords in the word to help the understanding. Check out my words by going to my blog: wpsjaimieh.blogspot.com
    My favourite Roald Dahl book is Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.
    Awesome Post!
    Blog you later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jaimie for the awesome comment! Merry Christmas and blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.